After all the waiting and preparing Canon Craig Hiatt has arrived. My water broke at around 7:45 pm on Wednesday June 27, 2007 when I was at home talking on the phone to my friend Lynnette. Canon's bag was packed but Mommy's & Daddy's wasn't so we gathered everything that we thought we would need and headed to the hospital. The hospital was only about 5 to ten minutes away but after packing and everthing we got to the hospital at around 8:30. They gave me an exam and comfirmed that yest my water had ruptured. I wasn't feeling any contractions and I was dilated to only about a 1 or 1/2 and there was still some fluid inside because he was still floating. My blood pressure at that point was a little high but I was very nervouse. Later after we had been checked in my blood pressure was normal. They got us all checked into a room and said that they were going to wait through the night and then at if I hadn't started much that they would induce my labor. Since I wasn't going to start labor for a few hours they let me eat after we were all hooked up to the machines. They also gave me a sleeping pill so that I would be rested for the delivery. We think daddy needed one too though because he slept less than mommy.
At 5:00 they induced my labor but I had started to feel some of the contractions a little before that so once I was started it was getting pretty painful. I received my epideral at around 7:00 and let me tell you it was the greatest thing ever. With the epideral I could still feel the pressure of the contracts and also I could move around. At about 9:00 I was feeling alot of pressure so the nurse checked me and I was already dialated to 10 cenimenters and his head was right there ready to come. So she called the doctor and we practiced with a few pushes but not too many because the baby was so ready to come. Finally the doctor got there at around 9:30 and by the time he got dressed and ready I only pushed 3 sets and here was Canon. He was born Thursday June 28th at 10:03 am. He was 7 pounds 15 oz. 21 inches long.
0 comments:
Post a Comment